Tuesday 23 January 2018

November 2016 - Investment No 15

The Antofagasta shares I purchased in July as Investment No 12, are showing a 35% increase in value.  When shares are sold they are done on a last in, first out basis.  This means that for Capital Gains tax purposes the most recent shares are always treated as sold before any shares purchase previously.  The dividend income the shares were producing was only 1%, so I decided to sell 145 shares in Antofagasta plc, which would reduce my holding to 184 shares.  The reason for this numbers was it realised £1,000.00 which I could invest into another companies shares. I may have already made a purchase this month, but cashing in for a profit can sometimes be a good idea.

Since my last investment Centrica plc paid a dividend of £13.68.

I was looking for a share which paid a dividend in either February or August each year.  I found BT plc.  They paid dividends in September and February, and were due to go ex-dividend immediately after Christmas.  So I purchased 279 shares.

In the UK, BT serves over 20 million business and residential customers, as well as providing network services to other operators.  Its principal activities include networked IT services, local, national and international telecommunications services, and higher-value broadband and internet products and services. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

I am generally happy to accept and approve comments, unless I consider it blatant SPAM, which will not be approved.

Life and Blogging

2018 has been a difficult year for me so far, despite initially feeling so positive at the beginning. I am sure most people know about these...