Tuesday 2 January 2018

July 2016 - Investment No 12

The London stock market was starting to settle down, and recover.  Things were better financially for me, so I decided to add £775 .00 to my share account with Selftrade, so I could make another investment.  

Since my last investment last month, I had received the following dividends:

Royal Dutch Shell 'B'  £14.18
HSBC Holdings Plc £13.95

The dividends together with the new money and the money I held back from last month meant I had £1,100 to invest.   My Antofagasta holding was performing badly. It has improved slightly over the previous  This was a very large mining company so long term should perform better. My attitude was, it had not recovered yet, so should be a good buy. I had received a dividend of 7% in 2014-15, but this had been reduced to 1% in 2015-16. For this reason I purchased another 213 shares bringing the number of shares now held in this company to 329.


The chart below is the FTSE daily charge over the previous 6 weeks.  The 2 dips are before and after the referendum. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am generally happy to accept and approve comments, unless I consider it blatant SPAM, which will not be approved.

Life and Blogging

2018 has been a difficult year for me so far, despite initially feeling so positive at the beginning. I am sure most people know about these...