Tuesday 16 January 2018

November 2016 - Investment No 14

Another month has passed since my last investment and so I decided to put another £1,000 into my SelfTrade dealing account. The portfolio is looking better, and I am looking forward to seing the year end results. Before I get ahead of myself,  I have only received 1 dividend, £13.68 from GlaxoSmithKline, but I am not complaining.  I am now receiving a least 1 dividend a month. The months I do not are currently February and August.  But I will have to do something about that eventually.

Playing safe, I decide to invest in a company I already hold, Scottish and Southern, also known as SSE. This share was producing dividend income of 5.7% on my original investment, but I was still making a small loss as the share price was about 10% under the price from 2014.  I am not going to repeat myself about this company, so you can read about it on the September 2014 - Investment No 3 post.
 



http://sse.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am generally happy to accept and approve comments, unless I consider it blatant SPAM, which will not be approved.

Life and Blogging

2018 has been a difficult year for me so far, despite initially feeling so positive at the beginning. I am sure most people know about these...