Tuesday 31 October 2017

April 5 2015 - UK Tax year end


It has been an interesting year, although technically 13 months in long.  I was able to find £4,900 during the entire period to invest and start my stock portfolio with the aim of getting dividend income.

Just before the end of the tax year the Persimmon dividend of £53.20 was received.   This brought my monthly return for the year to £13.33.


The Facts:

Total new money invested: £4,900
Total dividends received: £159.90
If I sold the shares on the 5th April 2015, I would have had £4,649.49 in cash in the account.  Overall a loss of 9% so in the short term not looking so great.

But that is the thing about shares. They can go up in value, and they can go down in value. I just have to wait and see, if long term things improve or not.

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to finding out the progress. I hope things do improve.

    ReplyDelete

I am generally happy to accept and approve comments, unless I consider it blatant SPAM, which will not be approved.

Life and Blogging

2018 has been a difficult year for me so far, despite initially feeling so positive at the beginning. I am sure most people know about these...