Tuesday, 13 February 2018

April 5, 2017 - UK Tax year end

I have now reached the 3rd full year since this portfolio was started.  Despite Brexit, and all the bad news and negative reports about it, and I will not mention what happened in the US, I have seen a lot of changes in my share portfolio.

Before I give you the facts, I need to mention that before the tax year end I received 4 more dividends.

Royal Dutch Shell 'B £16.61
BP Plc £17.86
Persimmon Plc £19.50
and one that I have not mentioned before : Dyson Group  £8.03

Dyson Group (not to be confused by Dyson UK, which is a completely different company) was not mentioned previously because theses were shares I purchase a long, long, long time ago, which were subsequently de-listed and had not had any value and were no longer traded on any stock market. 
Receiving this dividend was a surprise, as it was greater than the actual value of the shares.

The Facts:
Total new money invest during the year:  £3,775.00
Total new money invested since starting the portfolio: £11,000.00
Total dividends for the year:  £420.01
Dividend Income : £35.00 per month
Total dividends since starting the portfolio £761.95

If I sold the shares on the 5th April 2017, I would have had £13,136.04 in cash in my SelfTrade dealing account. Overall a 19% profit on my original cash. This is quite a change from the previous financial year when I was showing a overall loss of 8%.  That is a total improvement of 27%.

 As I say each year, that is the thing about shares.  They can go up and they can go down.  My regular income is increasing as last year it was £15.17 pm, and this year is is now £35.00 pm.  I still have a long way to go, before it is enough to live on, but I have to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am generally happy to accept and approve comments, unless I consider it blatant SPAM, which will not be approved.

Life and Blogging

2018 has been a difficult year for me so far, despite initially feeling so positive at the beginning. I am sure most people know about these...