Tuesday 5 December 2017

April 5, 2016 - UK Tax year end

Finally it is the end of the 2nd full year since I started this portfolio. I was able to make a purchase every quarter.

Before the end of the tax year end I received 2 more dividends.  £17.48 from SSE and £14.09 from Royal Dutch Shell B.  This brought my monthly return for the year to £15.17 (2015 : £13.33)

The Facts:
Total new money invest during the year:  £2,325.00
Total new money invested since starting the portfolio: £7,225.00
Total dividends for the year:  £182.04
Total dividends since starting the portfolio £341.94

If I sold the shares on the 5th April 2016, I would have had £6,644.71in cash in the account. Overall a 8% loss on my original cash, so still not looking great.

But as I said last year, that is the thing about shares.  They can go up and they can go down.  I just hope the regular income increases and eventually the share prices may follow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am generally happy to accept and approve comments, unless I consider it blatant SPAM, which will not be approved.

Life and Blogging

2018 has been a difficult year for me so far, despite initially feeling so positive at the beginning. I am sure most people know about these...