Tuesday 28 November 2017

March 2016 - Investment No 9

And so I arrived towards the end of the next quarter.  Things were still difficult for me financially, but I had about £350 sitting in the dealing account from dividends and partially from the Pace shares. So I only had to add £650 top up. 

In April 2015, Pace and Arris announced a Recommended Cash and Share offer for the share capital of Pace.  This meant there was a "Scheme of arrangement" for the shares I held.  My Pace shares were showing a small loss, so I decided to stick it out.  Finally, in January 2016 I received cash of £323.30 plus 36 Shares in Arris. Arris was quoted in one of the US stock markets, so this was a share I would be looking to sell if I could show a profit, even if small.

Since the last purchase I received the following dividends:

GlaxoSmithKline - £13.68
Pace - £9.69
Total dividend income since  6 April 2015 - £182.04

I already had shares in mining, which was not doing well, so I figured the sector was low so perhaps this was a good time to buy more but in another company in this sector.   

I choose to purchased shares in Anglo American (EPIC: AAL).   Mining Copper, Platinum, Diamonds, Coal, Iron ore and Manganese and Nickel, the company had been around since 1917.

Which at the time of this post - 100 years



http://www.angloamerican.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am generally happy to accept and approve comments, unless I consider it blatant SPAM, which will not be approved.

Life and Blogging

2018 has been a difficult year for me so far, despite initially feeling so positive at the beginning. I am sure most people know about these...